The Faculty of Environment and Life was formally established in April 2020, and was formed by the merger of the former College of Environmental and Energy Engineering and the College of Life Science and Bioengineering. Currently, there are three colleges under the Faculty: College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, College of Energy and Power Engineering, and College of Life Science and Chemistry. The Faculty has 4 first-level doctoral programs and post-doctoral research stations (Environmental Science and Engineering, Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Biomedical Engineering), and 6 first-level master's degree programs (Environmental science and engineering, Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biology), 4 professional master degree programs (Resources and Environment, Energy and Power, Materials and Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering), 8 undergraduate programs (Environment Science, Environmental Engineering, New Energy Science and Engineering, Energy and Power Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Quality and Safety). There are 211 faculty and staff, including 180 full-time teachers and 31 other professional technical staffs. There are 2313 students in the Faculty, including 1148 undergraduates and 1165 graduate students. There are 222 doctoral students and 943 Master degree students.
The Faculty currently has 14 scientific research platforms:
1. National level research platform：National Engineering Laboratory for Advanced Treatment and Resource Utilization of Urban Sewage;
2. Foreign special bureau research platform ：Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Regional Environmental Pollution Control Innovation Introducing Intelligence Base;
3. Key laboratory of Ministry of Education：Heat Transfer Enhancement and Process Energy Saving;
4. Five Beijing Key laboratories：（1）Beijing Key Laboratory of Basin Water Environment and Ecological Technology, （2）Beijing Key Laboratory of Regional Atmospheric Compound Pollution Prevention and Control, （3）Beijing Key Laboratory of Green Catalysis and Separation,（4） Beijing Key Laboratory of Heat Transfer and Energy Utilization,（5） Beijing Key Laboratory of Environmental and Viral Oncology;
5. Three Municipal International Science and Technology Cooperation Bases ：（1）International Technology of Wastewater Biological Treatment and Process Control Technology Cooperation Base, （2）Beijing International Science and Technology Cooperation Base for Antiviral Drugs, （3）Beijing International Science and Technology Cooperation Base for Intelligent Physiological Measurement and Clinical Transformation;
6. Three other centers and laboratories ：（1）Beijing Electric Vehicle Collaborative Innovation Center, （2）Beijing Denitrification and Phosphorus Removal Processing and Process Control Engineering Technology Research Center, （3）New Energy Vehicle Beijing Laboratory.