Name: Huang Haoyu
1. Temperature controlled semi-active tuned mass damper using shape memory alloy for vibration reduction applications
2. Vibration control of timber floor systems
3. Seismic resilience timber connection - adoption of SMA bars/tubes as dowels
4. Dynamic properties of tall timber structures under wind-induced vibration
1. Huang, H., Chang, W. -S., Re-tuning an off-tuned tuned mass damper by adjusting temperature of shape memory alloy: exposed to wind action, Structures, 2020.
2. Huang, H., Gao, Y., Chang, W. -S., Human-induced vibration of Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) floor with different boundary conditions, Engineering Structures, 2020, 204: 1-11.
3. Huang, H., Zhu Y-Z., Chang, W. -S., Comparison of bending fatigue of NiTi and CuAlMn shape memory alloy bars, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2020: 1-10.
4. Huang, H., Yao, Z., Chang, W. -S., Practice and exploration of teaching timber structure abroad in summer school, Journal of Architectural Education in Institutions of Higher Learning. (In Chinese) (Accepted)
5. Huang, H., Chang, W. -S., Overview of the applications and research of different families of shape memory alloys in structure vibration control, Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2019,38(18): 154-164. (In Chinese)
6. Huang, H., Chang, W. -S., Application of pre-stressed SMA-based tuned mass damper to a timber ﬂoor system, Engineering Structures, 2018, 167: 143-150
7. Huang, H., Chang, W. -S., Mosalam, K. M., Feasibility of shape memory alloy in a tuneable mass damper to reduce excessive in-service vibration, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2017, 24(2): 1-14
8. Huang, H., Chang, W. -S., Seismic resilience timber connection-adoption of shape memory alloy tubes as dowels, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2017, 24(10): 1-10
9. Guo, H., Liu, Y., Meng, Y., Huang, H., Sun, C. and Shao, Y., A Comparison of the Energy Saving and Carbon Reduction Performance between Reinforced Concrete and Cross-Laminated Timber Structures in Residential Buildings in the Severe Cold Region of China. Sustainability, 2017, 9(8): 1-15
10. Solarino, F., Giresini, L., Chang W.S. and Huang, H., Experimental Tests on a Dowel-Type Timber Connection and Validation of Numerical Models. Buildings, 2017, 7(4): 1-14
11. Huang, H., Chang, W.-S., Reducing footfall-induced vibration in the timber floor system using a pre-stressed shape memory alloy-based tuned mass damper, World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE) 2018, Seoul, 2018.8.20-8.23
12. Huang, H., Chang, W.-S. and Chen, K., Study of SMA-dowelled timber connection reinforced by densified veneer wood under cyclic loading, 2018 International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering and Materials (ACEM2018) and 1st World Symposium on Sustainable Bio-composite Materials and Structures (SBMS1), Nanjing, 2018.11.9-11.11,
13. Huang, H., & Chang, W. -S., A novel timber dowel-type connection using shape memory alloy, the World Conference on Timber Engineering, Vienna, 2016.8.22-8.25
14. Feldmann, A., Huang, H., Chang, W.S., Harris, R., Dietsch, P., Gräfe, M., Hein, C., Dynamic properties of tall timber structures under ambient vibration, the World Conference on Timber Engineering, Vienna, 2016.8.22-8.25
15. Chang, W. -S., Huang, H., & Harris, R., Design of timber floor for vibration: some design and test questions, International Network on Timber Engineering Research, Graz, 2016.8.15-8.19
16. Huang, H., Xie, W., & Chang, W. -S., Materials characterisation of NiTi and CuAIMn shape memory alloy bars under dynamic bending, the International Conference on Shape Memory and Superelastic Technologies, Oxford, 2015.5.18-5.2
I am currently a lecturer in Civil Engineering at Beijing University of Technology. I was awarded a PhD degree in Civil Engineering from University of Bath in UK in 2017 and a BEng degree in Civil Engineering from Beijing University of Technology in 2013.
I am now carrying out research in the areas of smart materials, structural vibration control, tuned mass damper and timber structures. I am leading 4 research projects funded by government and university, for example, the project funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China and theproject funded by Beijing Municipal Education Commission. I have published 16 academic papers in international journals and in international conferences.
In teaching works, I am teaching Structural Analysis and Finite Element Methods and Elastic Mechanics for undergraduate students and Structural Vibration Control for postgraduate students. I have supervised 8 students for their final-year design/research projects and I have supervised 2 groups of students for their research projects.
I have the experiences of collaborating with industry, academics, and non-professional partners. For examples, I led the COST Action STSM project with ARUP and TUM, did consultancy for Martisons Sweden, did health monitoring for constructed buildings, and currently analysing measured data from Europe and repairing the Eurocode. I am willing to supervise research students who are interested in my research areas. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions. For more information about me, please visit my website: haoyuhuang.info.