Name: Huang Chun
1.Construction Automation and Optimization;
2.IT and Sensing in Construction;
3.Building Information Modeling;
4. Computer Vision and Safety Management;
1. C.K. Wong, I.W.H. Fung, C. Huang and S.C. Wong, (2008). The Determination of Facility Locations by Optimizing Transport Costs within a Construction Site. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, 13th-15th Dec.2008, Hong Kong.
2. I.W.H. Fung, C. Huang and M.W. Xie, (2010). “The Possible Contribution of GIS to Social Cost Evaluation of Underground Utility Projects”. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Utility Management and Safety, 7th-8th Mar.2010, Hong Kong.
3. C. Huang, C.K. Wong, and C. M. Tam. (2010). “Optimization of Material Hoisting Operations and Storage Locations in Multi-Storey Building Construction by Mixed-Integer Programming”, Automation in Construction, 19 (5), 656-663.
4. C. Huang, C.K. Wong, and C. M. Tam. (2011). “Optimization of tower crane and material supply locations in a high-rise building site by mixed-integer linear programming”, Automation in Construction, 20, 571–580.
5. R. Tao, S. Liu, C. Huang and C.M. Tam. (2011). “Cost-benefit Analysis of High-speed Rail Link between Hong Kong and Mainland China”, Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management. 1(1), 36-45.
6. Fung, I.W.H., Huang, C. and Tam, C.M., (2013), Application of GA Optimization for Solving Precedent Relationship Problem in Project Scheduling, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 57 (9-10), 2067–2081.
7. C. Huang, and C.K. Wong, (2015), “Optimization of Site Layout Planning for Multiple Construction Stages with Safety Considerations and Requirements”, Automation in Construction, (53), 58–68.
8. Zhang W X, Huang J, Li Z, C. Huang*. “An experimental study on the lateral pressure of fresh concrete in formwork”, Construction and Building Materials, 2016, 111: 450-460.
9. C. Huang, and C.K. Wong, (2016), “Discretized cell modeling for optimal facility layout plans of unequal and irregular facilities”, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management (ASCE), 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0001206 , 04016082.
10.C. Huang, and C.K. Wong, (2017), “Cost optimization for construction material transportation from storage locations to demand points in high-rise building construction with overtime cost effects”, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, under review.
11.C. Huang, and C.K. Wong, (2018), “Optimization of crane servicing schedule for urgent material requests with non-homogeneous and non-fixed material supply”, Automation in Construction, 89, 183-198.
12. C. Huang, and C.K. Wong, (2018), “Optimization of Vertical Lift Movements and Material Storage Locations for High-rise Building Construction with Overtime Cost Effects”, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, , 33(1): 0~04018054
Dr.Chun Huang is currently a lecturer in the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering at the Beijing University of Technology. He received his Ph.D. degree in Construction Management from the City University of Hong Kong in 2013 and his M.S degree in Civil Engineering from University of Science of Technology Beijing, China in 2008. His main research interests include Construction Automation and Optimization, Building Information Modeling, Computer Vision and Construction Safety Management, Information Technology and Wireless Sensor Technologies. His current research projects focus on the development and deployment of information and sensing technologies to advance construction efficiency and safety as well as improve the quality and sustainability of construction projects. Dr. Huang has authored and coauthored numbers of highly cited journal publications, conference articles and book chapters in the aforementioned topics. In addition, he has received several grants from various agencies including NSFC.