Name: Guo Xiaodong
Current Professional Societies
1. Vice secretary-general of Academic Committee of Urban Planning on Security and Disaster Prevention，branch of Urban Planning Society of China (UPSC);
2. Committee member and deputy director of the National Review Committee of Urban Planning for earthquake disaster prevention;
3. Committee member of Disaster Prevention Research Center，Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development (MOHURD);
4. Secretary-general of Committee of Disaster Prevention and Reduction of Cultural Heritage, ICOMOS CHINA.
1. Urban planning for disaster reduction & mitigation；
2. Risk assessment of cultural heritages;
3. Urban & Community Resilience for disaster；
1. First prize of provincial science and technology progress, 2010;
2. Third prize of provincial scientific and technological progress, 2018;
3. 2013 the Best Instructor, The 3rdInternational landscape Planning & Design Competition. 2013
Guo XiaoDong, Su JingYu, Wang ZhiTao. Urban safety and disaster prevention under the perspective of resilience theory[J]. Shanghai Urban Planning Review. Vol 126. 2016.
Guo Xiaodong, Xu Shuai, Song Xiaosheng, Huang Ruiqian, Wang Yaoguo. Safety Assessment of Ancient Timber Buildings Based on Gray-fuzzy Analytical Method[J]. Journal of Beijing University of Technology. Vol 42. 2016.
Dr. Xiaodong Guo is the deputy director of Institute of Earthquake Engineering & Beijing Research Center of Urban & Facilities' Security Engineering（BJUT）. He initiates and managers over 10 projects supported by MOST, MOHURD and State Administration of Cultural Heritage. He has published over 30 articles in scientific journals，2 books and obtained 3 national invention patents.