Name: Pei Chen
Title: Associate Professor
Current Professional Societies:
2018,2019,2020 ICEPT technical sub-committee member
Precision manufacture of semiconductor materials; materials removal mechanism, mechanical properties, residual stress of electronics packaging materials;
Thermal-mechanical reliability of high-density electronics packaging or 3D packaging structure;
Experimental mechanism on mechanical properties and interfacial strength of electronics packaging materials.
1. Outstanding conference paper in 2016 IEEE International Conference of Electronics Packaging and Technology.
2. FMD/JEM best paper of the year of 2017 from The Minerals, Metals& Materials Society (TMS).
1. X Li, P Chen*, F Qin, X Dong, Q Xu*. Bionic PDMS-CDs surface with thermal controllable adhesion. Materials Letters, 2020, 263 (15), 127267.
2. P Chen, X Li, J Ma, R Zhang, F Qin, J Wang, TS Hu, Y Zhang, Q Xu*. Bioinspired Photodetachable Dry Self-Cleaning Surface. Langmuir, 2019, 35(19), 6379-6386.
3. P Chen*, Z Zhang, C Liu, T An, H Yu, F Qin. Temperature and grain size dependences of mechanical properties of nanocrystalline copper by molecular dynamics simulation. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 2019, 27 (6), 065012.
4. L Zhang, P Chen*, T An, Y Dai, F Qin*. Analytical prediction for depth of subsurface damage in silicon wafer due to self-rotating grinding process. Current Applied Physics, 2019, 19 (5): 570-581.
5. P Chen*, Z Zhang, T An, H Yu, F Qin. Generation and distribution of residual stress during nano-grinding of monocrystalline silicon. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 2018, 57(12): 121302.
6. Z Zhang, P Chen*, F Qin, T An, H Yu. Mechanical properties of silicon in subsurface damage layer from nano-grinding studied by atomistic simulation. AIP Advances, 2018, 8: 055223.
7. J Sun, P Chen*, F Qin, T An, H Yu, B He. Modelling and experimental study of roughness in silicon wafer self-rotating grinding. Precision Engineering, 2018, 51: 625-637.
Dr. Pei Chen is appointed as an associate professor in Institute of Electronics Packaging Technology and Reliability, College of Mechanical Engineering & Applied Electronics Technology in Beijing University of Technology (BJUT). Currently, his main research interests include thermal-mechanical reliability of high-density electronics packaging or 3D packaging structure; precision manufacture of semiconductor materials; mechanical properties, interfacial strength and residual stress of electronics packaging materials. He worked on multiple National Science Foundation of China projects and National Scient and Technology Research projects on electronics packaging technology. He has published more than 20 journal papers with a total citation of more than 1000 times. He is also the sub-committee member and organizer of the session “Thermal and Mechanical Simulation and Characterization” in 2018 and 2019 IEEE International Conference of Electronics Packaging and Technology.
Before joining BJUT, he worked as a senior research engineer at both Akron office and Beijing Research Center of Linglong Tyre from 2013 to 2014. Before that, he was the co-founder of the start-up company named Akron Ascend Innovation LLC at 2012. He finished graduate training at University of Akron under the supervision of Dr. Shing-Chung Wong. He worked with Delphi Packard on durability study of polymer-matrix based composites for Master thesis, and his PhD dissertation is focused on synthetize, characterize and optimize of electrospun nanofibrous polymer materials with the support of NSF.