Name: Fu Guo
Current Professional Societies
1. Secretary General of Youth Committee of Chinese Materials Research Society;
2. Chairman of the Production Technology Committee of Beijing Electronics Society;
3. Director of the Electronic Assembly and Connection Materials Committee of the American TMS Society;
4. Member of American Society of Metals, Materials Society, Society of Automotive Engineers
1. New connection materials for microelectronic packaging and reliability of solder joint service process;
2. Recycling of waste electrical and electronic products;
3. New energy materials such as thermoelectric materials.
1. National Outstanding Educator;
2. Outstanding Communist Party Member of Beijing
3. Beijing Science and Technology Rising Star
4. New Century Excellent Talents of the Ministry of Education
5. National Bilingual Teaching Demonstration Course;
6. Beijing Excellent Course.
1. Yu Tian, Limin Ma, Yishu Wang, Fu Guo, Zhijie Sun,The Growth of Interfacial IMC Layer in SAC0307 Solder Joints with Specific Grain Orientation Under Electrical and Thermal Coupling Fields,Journal of Electronic Materials,2019, pp1-10;
2. Jing Han,Fu Guo,Double Tricrystal Nucleation Behavior in Pb-free BGA Solder Joints,Microelectronics Reliability, 2019, vol 98, pp1-9;
3. Fu Guo, Guangchen Xu, and Hongwen He, "Electromigration Behaviors in Sb Particle-reinforced Composite Eutectic SnAgCu Solder Joints", Journal of Materials Science, 44(20), 5595(2009).
4. Fu Guo, Guangchen Xu, Jia Sun, Zhidong Xia, Yongping Lei, Yaowu Shi, and Xiaoyan Li, "Resistance Changes in Eutectic SnBi Solder Joints During Electromigration," Journal of Electronic Materials, 38(12), 2756(2009).
5. K.F. Hsu, S. Loo,F. Guo, W. Chen, J. S. Dyck, C. Uher, T. Hogan, E. K. Polychroniadis, M.G. Kanatzidis, “Cubic AgPbmSbTe2+m: Bulk Thermoelectric Materials with High Figure of Merit”, Science, 303, 818 (2004).
6. J.R. Salvador,F. Guo, T. Hogan, and M.G. Kanatzidis, “Zero Thermal Expansion in YbGaGe due to an Electronic Valence Transition”, Nature, 425, 704 (2003).
He got his B.E. and M.E. degree from Beijing University of Technology and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University. Currently, he is Vice President of Beijing University of Technology and responsible for Human Resources, Global Affairs, University Outreach and Lifelong Education. He mainly engaged in research on new interconnect materials for electronic packaging, lead-free solders, new energy materials, and thermoelectric materials. He has undertaken more than 20 national, provincial and ministerial projects, and has published many papers in high-level journals such as Science and Nature.