Current Professional Societies
1. President of the Chinese Society of Electron Microscopy;
2. Executive Vice President of the Institute of Science and Technology Development, Beijing University of Technology
1. In situ transmission electron microscopy;
2. Physical and chemical properties of materials; study on the mechanical behavior of materials from micro-nano to atomic resolution in a wide temperature range (room temperature to 1200 °C) and environmental conditions;
3. Correlation between catalytic materials and microstructure;
4. Gas sensing material;
5. New Energy Materials and physical Chemistry;
6. Optical, mechanical and temperature sensing materials and devices.
1. Beijing Scholar, 2019;
2. First Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2016;
3. Changjiang Professor, Ministry of Education, 2012;
4. National Outstanding Youth Fund, 2008;
5. Top Ten Scientific and Technological Progress of Colleges and Universities in China, 2007;
6. Instructor of one Dissertation awarded One Hundred Excellent Doctoral Dissertations in China of the Year2011;
7. Beijing Special Contribution Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Returned Students, 2011;
8. Innovative Pacesetter of Beijing Education Work Committee, 2010;
9. Tens of Millions of Talents Project Candidates at The National Level, 2009.
1. L. Wang, J. Teng, P. Liu, A. Hirata, E. Ma, Z. Zhang, M. Chen, X. Han*, Grain Rotation Mediated By Grain Boundary Dislocations In Nanocrystalline Platinum, Nature Communications 5(1) (2014) 4402.
2.L. Wang,X. Han*, P. Liu, Y. Yue, Z. Zhang, E. Ma, In Situ Observation of Dislocation Behavior in Nanometer Grains, Physical Review Letters 105 (2010) 135501.
3.X. Han, K. Zheng, Y. Zhang, X. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Z. Wang, Low-Temperature in Situ Large-Strain Plasticity of Silicon Nanowires, Advanced Materials 19 (2007) 2112.
4.X. Han, Y. Zhang YF, K. Zheng, X. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Y. Hao, X. Guo, Z. Wang, Low-Temperature in Situ Large Strain Plasticity of Ceramic SiC Nanowires and Its Atomic-Scale Mechanism, Nano letters 7 (2007) 452.
5.K. Zheng, C. Wang, Y. Cheng, Y. Yue,X. Han*, Z. Zhang, Z. Shan, S. Mao, M. Ye, Y. Yin, E. Ma, Electron-beam-assisted Superplastic Shaping Of Nanoscale Amorphous Silica, Nature Communications 1 (2010) 24.
6.L. Wang, P. Liu, P. Guan, M. Yang, J. Sun, Y. Cheng, A. Hirata, Z. Zhang, E. Ma, M. Chen,X. Han*, In Situ Atomic-Scale Observation Of Continuous And Reversible Lattice Deformation Beyond The Elastic Limit, Nature communications 4 (2013) 2413.
7.Y. Yue, P. Liu, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, E. Ma, Approaching the Theoretical Elastic Strain Limit in Copper Nanowires, Nano letters 11 (2011) 3151.
8.K. Zheng,X. Han*, L. Wang, Y. Zhang, Y. Yue, Y. Qin, X. Zhang, Z. Zhang, Atomic Mechanisms Governing the Elastic Limit and the Incipient Plasticity of Bending Si Nanowires, Nano letters 9 (2009) 2471.
9.Y. Zhang,X. Han*, K. Zheng, Z. Zhang, X. Zhang, J. Fu, Y. Ji, Y. Hao, X. Guo, Z. Wang Direct Observation of Super-Plasticity of Beta-SiC Nanowires at Low Temperature, Advanced Functional Materials 17 (2007) 3435.
10.L. Wang, K. Zheng, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, Direct Atomic-Scale Imaging About the Mechanisms of Ultralarge Bent Straining in Si Nanowires, Nano letters 11 (2011) 2382.
11．L. Wang, K. Du, C. Yang, J. Teng, L. Fu, Y. Guo, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, In Situ Atomic-Scale Observation Of Grain Size And Twin Thickness Effect Limit In Twin-Structural Nanocrystalline Platinum, Nature Communications 11 (1) (2020) 1.
12. L. Wang, P. Guan, J. Teng, P. Liu, D. Chen, W. Xie, D. Kong, S. Zhang, T. Zhu, Z. Zhang, E. Ma, M. Chen,X. Han*, New Twinning Route In Face-Centered Cubic Nanocrystalline Metals, Nature Communications 8(1) (2017) 2142.
13. C. Zhuang, H. Qi, X, Cheng, G. Chen, C Gao, L. Wang, S. Sun, J. Zou,X. Han*, In Situ Observation of Dynamic Galvanic Replacement Reactions in Twinned Metallic Nanowires by Liquid Cell Transmission Electron Microscopy, Angewandte Chemie. International Ed. (2019).
14. C. Wang, A. Li, C. Li, S. Zhang, H. Li, X. Zhou, L. Hu, Y. Feng, K. Wang, Z. Zhu, R. Shao, Y. Chen, P. Gao, S. Mao, J. Huang, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, Ultrahigh Photocatalytic Rate at a Single‐Metal‐Atom‐Oxide, Advanced Materials 31 (2019) 52.
15. S. Hao, L. Cui, D. Jiang,X. Han*, Y. Ren, J. Jiang, Y. Liu, Z. Liu, S. Mao, Y. Wang, A Transforming Metal Nanocomposite with Large Elastic Strain, Low Modulus, and High Strength, Science 339(6124) (2013) 1191.
16. T. Yang, Y.L. Zhao, Y. Tong, Z. Jiao, J. Wei, J.X. Cai,X. Han, D. Chen, A. Hu, J.J. Kai, Multicomponent Intermetallic Nanoparticles and superb Mechanical Behaviors Of Complex Alloys, Science 362(6417) (2018) 933.
17. C. Zhang, Z. Ni, J. Zhang, X. Yuan, Y. Liu, Y. Zou, Z. Liao, Y. Du, A. Narayan, H. Zhang, T. Gu, X. Zhu, L. Pi, S. Sanvito,X. Han, J. Zou, Y. Shi, X. Wan, S. Savrasov, F. Xiu, Ultrahigh conductivity in Weyl Semimetal NbAs nanobelts, Nature Materials 18(5) (2019) 482.
18. Z. Zhang,X. Han, Microscopy Sparks Development, Nature Materials 15 (2016) 695.
19. Q. He, X. Kou, A. Grutter, G. Yin, L. Pan, X. Che, Y. Liu, T. Nie, B. Zhang, S. Disseler, B. Kirby, W. Ratcliffll, Q. Shao, K. Murata, X. Zhu, G. Yu, Y. Fan, M. Montazeri,X. Han, J. Borchers and K. Wang, Tailoring Exchange Couplings In Magnetic Topological-Insulator/ Antiferromagnet Heterostructures, Nature Materials 16 (2017) 94.
20. K. Peng, B. Zhang, H. Wu, X. Cao, A. Li, D. Yang, X. Lu, G. Wang,X. Han, C. Uher, X. Zhou, Ultra-high Average Figure Of Merit In Synergistic Band Engineered SnxNa1−xSe0.9S0.1 single crystal, Materials Today 1369-7021 (2017) 1.
21. L. Wang, D. Kong, Y. Zhang, L. Xiao, Y. Lu, Z. Chen, Z. Zhang, J. Zou, T. Zhu,X. Han*, Mechanically Driven Grain Boundary Formation in Nickel Nanowires, ACS nano 11 (2017) 12500.
22. L. Wang, J. Teng, X. Sha, J. Zou, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, Plastic Deformation through Dislocation Saturation in Ultrasmall Pt Nanocrystals and Its in Situ Atomistic Mechanisms, Nano letters 17 (2017), 4733.
23. H. Zhao, Y. Yue, L. Guo, J. Wu, Y. Zhang, X. Li, S. Mao,X. Han, Cloning Nacre's 3D Interlocking Skeleton in Engineering Composites to Achieve Exceptional Mechanical Properties, Advanced materials 28 (2016) 5099.
24.K. Zheng, R. Shao, J. Wang, Z. Liao, N. Marks, P. Chen, W. Lu,X. Han*, J. Zou, Fabrication of Individual Carbon Nanotubes And Their Arrays In A Transmission Electron Microscope, Carbon 100 (2016) 435.
25. K. Zheng, Z. Zhang, Y. Hu, P. Chen, W. Lu, J. Drennan, X. Han*, J. Zou, Orientation Dependence Of Electromechanical Characteristics of Defect-Free InAs Nanowires, Nano letters 16 (2016) 1787.
26. Y. Yue, N. Chen, X. Li, S. Zhang, Z. Zhang, M. Chen,X. Han*, Crystalline Liquid And Rubber-Like Behavior in Cu Nanowires, Nano Letters 13 (2013) 3812.
27. S. Mao, J. Luo, Z. Zhang, M. Wu, Y. Liu,X. Han*, EBSD Studies Of Stress Induced Martensitic Transformation in TiNi Alloys Under Tension And Compression, Acta Materialia 58 (2010) 3357.
28. H. Long, H. Wei, Y. Liu, S. Mao, J. Zhang, S. Xiang, Y. Chen, W. Gui, Q. Li, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, Effect of Lattice Misfit On The Evolution Of The Dislocation Structure in Ni-based Single Crystal Superalloys During Thermal Exposure, Acta Materialia 120 (2016) 95.
29. S. Xiang, S. Mao, H. Wei, Y. Liu, J. Zhang, Z. Shen, H. Long, H. Zhang, X. Wang, Z. Zhang,X. Han*, Selective Evolution Of SecondaryΓ′Precipitation in a Ni-based Single Crystal Superalloy Both In The Γ Matrix And At The Dislocation Nodes, Acta Materialia 116 (2016) 343.
30. L. Xiao, Y. Cao, S. Li, H. Zhou, X. Ma, L. Mao, X. Sha, Q. Wang, Y. Zhu,X. Han*, The Formation Mechanism Of A Novel Interfacial Phase With High Thermal Stability in a Mg-Gd-Y-Ag-Zr alloy, Acta Materialia 162 (2019) 214.
Professor Xiaodong Han and his research team creatively developed the atomic-level in-situ dynamic characterization method of material mechanical behavior, which increased the spatial resolution of in-situ characterization of material mechanical behavior from nanometer to pico-meter scale. It has been improved by an order of magnitude, and some of the achievements have won the top ten scientific and technological advances in Chinese colleges and universities in 2007. The core components and application analysis software such as independent intellectual property rights and international leading force-thermal coupling MEMS chip, the in-situ special mechanical experimental instrument for the transmission electron microscope, multi-channel electrical signal transmission circuit board and supporting application analysis software have been developed, which has opened up a new field for the study of experimental dynamics of mechanical behavior of high-temperature atomic layer materials, which has also been applied to the study of key materials such as nickel-based single crystal superalloy for aircraft engine blades, which is a difficult problem in our country.
A series of important research results have been achieved, For instance, 33 patents for key technologies have been authorized at home and abroad, including 3 American patents, 1 international PCT patent, and 27 Chinese invention patents. Some of the achievements won First Prizes in the 2017 Beijing Science and Technology Award.
He has published more than 160 papers, including 2 articles in Science, 3 in Nature Mater ,9 in Nature Commun , 12 in Nano Lett.,4 in Phys Rev Lett , and 12 in Acta Mater, etc.. He has undertaken key projects of the National Natural Science Foundation, the basic research of scientific instruments, Sub-project of the basic Science Center of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the development of national major scientific research instruments and equipment and key projects of the aero-engine major research plan, etc.
He has organized a team to carry out the study of microstructure big data, quantum (X-ray photons and high energy electrons) information recognition and characterization, material physics and chemistry of single quantum system, etc.. He has supervised 2 national 100 Excellent Doctoral Thesis Awards and Nomination awards, and 4 Beijing Excellent Doctoral Thesis Awards. He and his team members undertake more than 20 national, provincial and ministerial projects, such as Beijing Innovation team, Beijing Zhuoqing Plan, National Natural Science Foundation Excellent Youth Program, and 111 Intelligence Introduction Program, etc..