Name: Cui Youwei
Current Professional Societies
1. Council member of Beijing higher education association;
2. Consultant expert of Beijing city sub-center city management advisory group;
3. Member of International Water Association.
1. Sustainable wastewater treatment technology and resource recovery;
2. Industrial wastewater treatment technology and equipment integration;
3. Extremophile technology and PHA (biodegradable plastic) synthesis.
1. First Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2014;
2. Selected into the Training plan of "Great Wall Scholars" for the Construction of High-level Teachers in Colleges and Universities in Beijing, 2018;
3. Beijing Education Elite Award, 2019.
1.Huang JL, Wang HH, Alam F, Cui YW※. 2019. Granulation of halophilic sludge inoculated with estuarine sediments for saline wastewater treatment [J]. Science of The Total Environment, 682: 532-540.
2. Cui Y※, Shi Y, Gong X. 2017. Effects of C/N in the substrate on the simultaneous production of polyhydroxyalkanoates and extracellular polymeric substances by Haloferax mediterranei via kinetic model analysis[J]. RSC Adv., 7(31): 18953-18961.
3. Cui Y※, Zhang H, Ji S, Wang Z. 2017. Kinetic Analysis of the Temperature Effect on Polyhydroxyalkanoate Production by Haloferax mediterranei in Synthetic Molasses Wastewater [J]. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 25(2): 277-285.
4. Cui YW※, Zhang HY, Ding JR, Peng YZ. 2016. The effects of salinity on nitrification using halophilic nitrifiers in a Sequencing Batch Reactor treating hypersaline wastewater [J]. Scientific Reports, 6(24825).
5. Cui Y※, Gong X, Shi Y, Wang Z D. 2017. Salinity effect on production of PHA and EPS byHaloferax mediterranei[J]. RSC Adv, 7(84): 53587-53595.
6. Cui YW※, Zhang H Y, Lu P F, Peng Y Z. 2016. Effects of carbon sources on the enrichment of halophilic polyhydroxyalkanoate-storing mixed microbial culture in an aerobic dynamic feeding process [J]. Scientific Reports, 6(30766).
7. Cui Y※, Su H, Chen Y, Chen Y, Peng Y. 2015. Mechanism of Activated Sludge Floc Disintegration Induced by Excess Addition of NaCl [J]. Clean-Soil Air Water, 43(8): 1197-1206.
8. Cui YW※, Ding J R, Ji S Y, Peng Y Z. 2014. Start-up of halophilic nitrogen removal via nitrite from hypersaline wastewater by estuarine sediments in sequencing batch reactor[J]. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 11(2): 281-292.
9. Cui YW, Peng CY, Peng YZ, Ye L. 2009. Effects of Salt on Microbial Populations and Treatment Performance in Purifying Saline Sewage Using the MUCT Process [J]. Clean-Soil Air Water, 37(8): 649-656.
10. Cui YW, Peng YZ, Peng C , Gan XQ, Ye L. 2006. Achieving biological nitrogen removal via nitrite by salt inhibition [J]. Water Science and Technology, 53(6): 115-122.
Professor Cui Youwei works in the National Engineering Laboratory of Urban Sewage Advanced Treatment and Resource Utilization Technology. He is a Master’s Degree Student /doctoral supervisor in College of Environmental and Energy Engineering, Beijing University of Technology. He was titled as Beijing Great Wall Scholar and Beijing Elite Teacher. He is also a member of Beijing Higher Education Association, an evaluation expert of Beijing cleaner production, and a consultant expert of Beijing Sub-center City Management Expert Advisory Group. He has won the first prize for science and technology in Beijing, the second prize for science and technology in Dalian and the first prize for education and teaching achievements in Beijing. He has accomplished more than 50 research projects including the National Key Research and Development Plan, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSF) and Beijing Natural Science Foundation as the PI. He has published more than 40 academic papers with high citations.