Degrees: Ph. D. in Tsinghua University
Current Professional Societies
1. Officer Director, Member of National Review Committee of Urban Planning on Earthquake Resistance and Hazardous Prevention;
2. Member of Technical Committee on Urban and Rural Specialized Planning of Standardization Administration, MOHURD China;
3. Vice President of Earthquake Resistance and Disaster Prevention Chapter of China Exploration & Design Association;
4. Vice President of Academic Committee of Urban Planning on Security and Disaster Prevention of Urban Planning Society of China;
5. Vice President of Planning and Standards Committee of China Association for Disaster Prevention;
6. Vice President of Committee of Urban Resilience, Chinese Society for Urban Studies.
Major in two fields: Urban Planning and Civil Engineering, others are as follows:
1. Urban and Rural Disaster Mitigation;
2. Urban Planning on Comprehensive Disaster Resistance and Prevention;
3. Lifeline Disaster Mitigation;
4. Safety Assessment of Traditional Structures;
5. Building Isolation and Damping Control
More than 10National and Provincial Science and Technology Progress Awards.
He has published more than 150 papers in scientific journals, including more than 20 SCI Papers.
Donghui Ma is the Director of Key Scientific Research Base of Safety Assessment and Disaster Mitigation for Traditional Timber Structure (Beijing University of Technology)，Director of Institute of Earthquake Engineering. He initiates and manages over 60 projects supported by MOST，MOHURD and State Administration of Cultural Heritage. He is responsible for or participate urban and rural planning on disaster prevention projects in more than 60 cities. He is the principal framer of Standard for Urban Planning on Earthquake Resistance and Hazard Prevention, Standard for Urban Planning on Comprehensive Disaster Resistance and Prevention, and Code for Design of Disaster Mitigation Emergency Congregate Shelter which are national standards of China.