Current Professional Societies:
Vice Chairman of Wuhan Institute of Mechanical Engineering
Digital mechanism theory and innovative design of modern equipment.
1. Humboldt Scholar, Germany, 2009;
2. 2010 National 100 Excellent Doctoral Dissertations Nominated Papers Award;
3. Fok Yingdong Education Fund in 2014;
4. National Fund for Excellent Youth in 2014.
1. Huafeng Ding*, Wenao Cao,Zimin Cheng, Changwang Cai, Computer-based structural synthesis of 5-DOF parallel mechanisms and their kinematic structure database. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2015, 83:14-30.（SCI、EI）
2. Huafeng Ding*, Zemin Feng, Hongye Fu, Conceptual Design of an Exactly Straight Lifting Forging Manipulator, ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 2014, 6(3):034502（SCI、EI）
3. Bin Zi, Huafeng Ding, Jianbin Cao, Zhencai Zhu, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Error modelling and sensitivity analysis of a hybrid-driven based cable parallel manipulator, Precision Engineering, 2014, 38(1):197-211.（SCI、EI）
4. Bin Zi, Huafeng Ding, Jianbin Cao, Zhencai Zhu, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Integrated Mechanism Design and Control for Completely Restrained Hybrid-Driven Based Cable Parallel Manipulators, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 2014, 74(3): 643-661.（SCI、EI）
5. Huafeng Ding*, Weijuan Yang, Peng Huang, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Automatic Structural Synthesis of Planar Multiple Joint Kinematic Chains. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 2013, 135(9): 091007-1-12.（SCI、EI）
6. Huafeng Ding*, Peng Huang, Jingfang Liu, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Automatic Structural Synthesis of the Whole Family of Planar 3-DOF Closed Loop Mechanisms. ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 2013, 5(4): 041006-1-10.（SCI、EI）
7. Huafeng Ding*, Bin Zi, Peng Huang, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Zhen Huang. The Whole Family of Kinematic Structures for Planar 2- and 3-DOF Fractionated Kinematic Chains. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2013, 70: 74-90.（SCI、EI）
8. Wenao Cao, Huafeng Ding*, Bin Zi, Zimin Cheng. New Structural Representation and Digital-design Platform for Symmetrical Parallel Mechanisms, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 2013, 207(10): 1-11.（SCI、EI）
9. Huafeng Ding*, Weijuan Yang, Peng Huang, Li Ma, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Zhen Huang (2013): Automatic Synthesis of Planar Multiple Joint Kinematic Chains. ASME 2013 International Design Engineering Technical Conference & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, August 4-7, 2013, Portland, OREGON, USA, DETC2013-12915.（EI）
10. Huafeng Ding*, Fengmao Hou, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Zhen Huang. Synthesis of the Whole Family of Planar 1-DOF Kinematic Chains and Creation of their Atlas Databases. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2012, 47(1): 1-15.（SCI、EI）
11. Huafeng Ding*, Wenao Cao, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Zhen Huang, Complete Atlas Database of 2-DOF Kinematic Chains and Creative Design of Mechanisms, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 2012, 134(3): 0310061-03100610.（SCI、EI）
12. Huafeng Ding*, Peng Huang, Bin Zi, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Automatic Synthesis of Kinematic Structures of Mechanisms and Robots Especially for those with Complex Structures, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2012, 36(12): 6122-6131.（SCI、EI）
13. Bin Zi, Sen Qian, Huafeng Ding, Andrés Kecskeméthy, Design and analysis of cooperative cable parallel manipulators for multiple mobile cranes,International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 2012, 9, 207:1-10.（SCI、EI）
14. Huafeng Ding*, Jing Zhao, Zhen Huang. Unified Structural Synthesis of Planar Simple and Multiple Joint Kinematic Chains. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2010, 45(4):555-568.（SCI、EI）
15. Ding Huafeng*, Liu Zheng, Liu Shuai, Wang Chenglong. Kinematics and dynamics analysis of a new type of hydraulic excavator with forward shovel. Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2015, 51 (1): 60-68. (EI )
16. Liu Zheng, Chen Yichao and Ding Huafeng*. Kinematics analysis of a new type of mining forward shovel hydraulic excavator. Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2014, 50 (15): 28-33. (EI )
Dr. Ding received his B.S., M.S., and first Ph.D. degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Yanshan University, Qinghuangdao, Hebei, in 2000, 2003, and 2007, respectively, and the second Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany in 2015. He usedto bean Associate Professor with Yanshan University, from 2007 to 2011, and became a Professor and a Ph.D. Supervisor, in 2011 and 2014, respectively. He usedto be an Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow with the University of Duisburg-Essen, from 2010 to 2012. He is currently a Professor and a Ph.D. Supervisor with the China University of Geosciences, where he is also the President of the School of Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Information. He has coauthored four books and published over 91 refereed journal papers and holds 28 patents. His research and teaching interests include kinematics, dynamics and control of complex mechanical equipment, digital prototyping and virtual reality, mechatronics, and innovative design of new mechanical equipment.
He was awarded One Hundred Outstanding Innovative Talents of Hebei Province in 2010, and the Humboldt Scholar in Germany in 2011 and the 333 Talent Project Second-Level TalentAward in 2013. He also got the Fok Ying-Tong Education Fund the National Outstanding Youth Fund in 2014. The National Natural Science Funds Fund, in 2012 and 2017. He was the Vice President of the Wuhan Mechanical Engineering Society, the Session Chair of the 2015 ASME Conference, and an Associate Editor of the Mechanism and Machine Theory in 2015. He has been the Director of the Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineering, the Director of the Journal of Mechanical Engineering, and an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Mechanisms and Robotic Systems since 2016.