Current Professional Societies
1. Chairman of the Mathematical Programming Branch of Operations Research Society of China;
2. Vice-Chairman of the Beijing Operations Research Society.
1. Combinatorial Optimization;
2. Machine Learning and Optimization;
3. Mathematical Optimization.
1. Youth Award of Chinese Operations Research (First Prize), Operations Research Society of China, 2004;
2. Award for Best New scientist in Operations Research, Operations Research Society of China, 2004.
Dr. Dachuan Xu, professor and doctorial supervisor of Department of Operations Research and Scientific Computing, Beijing University of Technology. He received his Ph. D. from the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2002. He was a visiting scholar of Stanford University, University of New Brunswick, Simon Fraser University and The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Professor Xu is associate editor of “Applied Mathematics and Computation”, “Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research”, and “Operations Research and Management Science”, and guest editors for “Algorithmica”, “Journal of Combinatorial Optimization”, and “Operations Research Transactions”. He has been the Principle Investigator for more than ten research projects funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Natural Science Foundation of Beijing, etc. He has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers, such as Mathematical Programming, Operations Research, INFORMS Journal on Computing, Omega, Algorithmica, Theoretical Computer Science, Journal of Global Optimization, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, and Operations Research Letters, etc.