Current Professional Societies
1. Council member of Beijing higher education association;
2. Consultant expert of Beijing city sub-center city management advisory group;
3. Member of International Water Association.
1. Sustainable wastewater treatment technology and resource recovery;
2. Industrial wastewater treatment technology and equipment integration;
3. Extremophile technology and PHA (biodegradable plastic) synthesis.
1. First Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award, 2014;
2. Selected into the training plan of "Great Wall scholars" to develop high-level teachers in colleges and universities in Beijing, 2018;
3. Beijing Education Elite Award, 2019.
1 Cui Y※, Huang J, Alam F. Fast granulation of halophilic activated sludge treating low-strength organic saline wastewater via the addition of divalent cations[J]. Chemosphere. 2020, 264: 128396.
2Pacholak A, Gao Z, Gong X, Kaczorek, Ewa Cui, You-Wei※. The metabolic pathways of polyhydroxyalkanoates and exopolysaccharides synthesized by Haloferax mediterranei in response to elevated salinity[J]. Journal of Proteomics. 2020: 104065.
3.Huang JL, Wang HH, Alam F, Cui YW※. 2019. Granulation of halophilic sludge inoculated with estuarine sediments for saline wastewater treatment [J]. Science of The Total Environment, 682: 532-540.
4. Cui Y※, Shi Y, Gong X. 2017. Effects of C/N in the substrate on the simultaneous production of polyhydroxyalkanoates and extracellular polymeric substances by Haloferax mediterranei via kinetic model analysis[J]. RSC Adv., 7(31): 18953-18961.
5. Cui Y※, Zhang H, Ji S, Wang Z. 2017. Kinetic Analysis of the Temperature Effect on Polyhydroxyalkanoate Production by Haloferax mediterranei in Synthetic Molasses Wastewater [J]. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 25(2): 277-285.
6. Cui YW※, Zhang HY, Ding JR, Peng YZ. 2016. The effects of salinity on nitrification using halophilic nitrifiers in a Sequencing Batch Reactor treating hypersaline wastewater [J].Scientific Reports, 6(24825).
7. Cui Y※, Gong X, Shi Y, Wang Z D. 2017. Salinity effect on production of PHA and EPS byHaloferax mediterranei[J]. RSC Adv, 7(84): 53587-53595.
8. Cui YW※, Zhang H Y, Lu P F, Peng Y Z. 2016. Effects of carbon sources on the enrichment of halophilic polyhydroxyalkanoate-storing mixed microbial culture in an aerobic dynamic feeding process [J]. Scientific Reports, 6(30766).
9. Cui Y※, Su H, Chen Y, Chen Y, Peng Y. 2015. Mechanism of Activated Sludge Floc Disintegration Induced by Excess Addition of NaCl [J].Clean-Soil Air Water, 43(8): 1197-1206.
10. Cui YW, Peng CY, Peng YZ, Ye L. 2009. Effects of Salt on Microbial Populations and Treatment Performance in Purifying Saline Sewage Using the MUCT Process [J]. Clean-Soil Air Water, 37(8): 649-656.
Cui Youwei works in the national engineering laboratory of urban sewage advanced treatment and resource utilization technology. He is a supervisor for postgraduate/doctoral students in the College of Environmental and Energy Engineering, Beijing University of Technology. He was titled a Beijing Great Wall scholar and Beijing Elite Teacher. He is also a member of the Beijing Association of Higher Education, a reviewer of Beijing Cleaner Production, and a consultant of the Beijing Sub-Center City Management Expert Advisory Group. He has won the first prize of the Beijing Science and Technology Award, the second prize of Dalian Science and Technology Award and the first prize for Beijing Education and Teaching Achievements. He has accomplished more than 50 research projects, some of which are funded by the special funding of the National Key Research And Development Plan, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSF) and Beijing Natural Science Foundation as the PI. He has published more than 40 academic papers with high citations.