On-campus Accommodation for International Students

The International Student Dormitory of Beijing University of Technology provides different types of dormitory rooms to the international students. Equipment in each room includes bedclothes, air-condition, TV set, internet access and furniture. The Dormitory has the capacity of accommodating over 600 international students. The following table shows the prices of International Student Dormitory and Room types.

Because the capacity of on-campus apartment rooms is limited and cannot meet the demand of all students living on campus, it is recommended that students who have received Admission Notice of Beijing University of Technology book the rooms in advance and abide the deadline and procedure of application specified in the Instructions of International Student Dormitory Application System of Beijing University of Technology which is mailed by CIE to you within the admission package. The website of the booking system could be available at https://bjutcie.bjut.edu.cn/en/info/1034/1146.htm.

The reception is open 24 hours.

For more enquiries:

Call +86-10-67391590/ +86-10-67391599

Email: accommodation@bjut.edu.cn.

Off-campus Accommodation

If you cannot successfully book a room on-campus, you need to find off-campus accommodation in advance. We are sorry that the University is currently not able to officially recommend off-campus housing information and housing agencies for off-campus accommodations. You can ask for help from your Chinese Buddies or friends already living in Beijing. Please be careful when signing the renting contract or lease since there might have hidden clauses.

When you live off campus, never forget to get a Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by the local police for your accommodation. Within 24 hours after you move in, please send your passport to the nearest local police station together with permission from your landlord or the authorized agency for the registration. The Registration Form of Temporary Residence is another important document for your legal stay in China aside your passport and visa. Please keep it along with your passport. It is required when you apply for a new visa, visa extension, additional entry or residence permit.

You should be reminded that, before you sign the renting contract or pay the rent, do confirm that the owner of the apartment/house is able to process the accommodation registration for you, otherwise you will get into the trouble of illegal stay. Moreover, you need to renew the Temporary Residence Permit anytime you change your residence, change your passport or renew your visa.